Pauw Foundation Youth Sport Fund
The Pauw Foundation Youth Sport Fund was launched in 2016 to assist Bow Valley youth recreation organizations and clubs with annual financial support. The 2019 application deadline is March 1, 2019, with $40,000 committed to non-profit sport and recreation organizations throughout the Bow Valley.
In partnership with the True Sport Foundation, the Pauw Foundation Youth Sport Fund will review applications submitted by not-for-profit community sport organizations that have developed or are developing strategies to increase inclusion and accessibility of sport to youth in the community and that exemplify the seven True Sport Principles of Go For It, Play Fair, Respect Others, Keep it Fun, Stay Healthy, Include Everyone, Give Back. The True Sport Foundation is a registered Canadian charity that is committed to ensuring that sport makes a positive contribution to Canadian society by advancing the benefits or values-based and principle-driven sport in Canada.
Meet the 2018 Youth Sport Fund clubs and athletes.
Clubs apply before March 1, 2019 for the 2019 summer season and 2019/2020 winter season
Athletes 2019 application information coming soon
Sports and Recreation Clubs – apply by March 1, 2019
To be considered eligible for funding consideration organizations must:
- Offer sport and/or recreational amateur programs for youth (17 and younger)
- be a registered not-for-profit society
- be based in the Bow Valley with the majority of programming targeted towards Bow Valley youth residents
- practice the seven True Sport Principles
- have stable financial practices
- provide inclusive accessibility and have the ability to accommodate a broad base of the youth population
Individual Athletes – 2019 Information Coming Soon
Criteria for individual selection consideration:
- Between 14 to 30 years of age, dependent on sport
- Training & competing at an advanced level, pursuing elite category success
- Bow Valley resident
- Financial plans & athlete’s personal contributions (working, fundraising, volunteering)
- Practice the seven True Sport Principles