Pauw Foundation Youth Sport Fund
The Pauw Foundation Youth Sport Fund was launched in 2016 to assist Bow Valley youth sport organizations and competitive, developing athletes with annual financial support.The 2018 application season starts in January, 2018, with $35,000 committed in financial assistance to individual, developing athletes and to non-profit sport and recreation organizations throughout the Bow Valley.
In partnership with the True Sport Foundation, the Pauw Foundation Youth Sport Fund will review applications submitted by not-for-profit community sport organizations that have developed or are developing strategies to increase inclusion and accessibility of sport to youth in the community and that exemplify the seven True Sport Principles of Go For It, Play Fair, Respect Others, Keep it Fun, Stay Healthy, Include Everyone, Give Back. The True Sport Foundation is a registered Canadian charity that is committed to ensuring that sport makes a positive contribution to Canadian society by advancing the benefits or values-based and principle-driven sport in Canada.
Meet the 2017 Youth Sport Fund clubs and athletes.
Summer Clubs & Athletes apply in January, announcements in March, for the upcoming summer season
Winter Clubs & Athletes apply in January, announcements in March, for the following winter season
Sports and Recreation Clubs
To be considered eligible for funding consideration organizations must:
- Offer sport and/or recreational amateur programs for youth (17 and younger)
- be a registered not-for-profit society
- be based in the Bow Valley with the majority of programming targeted towards Bow Valley youth residents
- practice the seven True Sport Principles
- have stable financial practices
- provide inclusive accessibility and have the ability to accommodate a broad base of the youth population
Criteria for individual selection consideration:
- Between 14 to 30 years of age, dependent on sport
- Training & competing at an advanced level, pursuing elite category success
- Bow Valley resident
- Financial plans & athlete’s personal contributions (working, fundraising, volunteering)
- Practice the seven True Sport Principles